Global Product Strategy (GPS)
At EuroChem, we seek to continuously ensure that our products represent no risk to neither people nor the environment.
Developed by the International Council of Chemical Associations (ICCA), the Global Product Strategy (GPS) is a global initiative seeking to support and enhance the performance of the chemical industry globally and plays a vital role in establishing uniform standards for communicating handling and product risks.
A global initiative seeking to support and enhance the performance of the chemical industry globally.
About the ICCA and GPS
The ICCA launched the Global Product Strategy (GPS) to advance the product stewardship performance of individual companies and the global chemical industry as a whole. Together with the Responsible Care Global Charter, GPS is the chemical industry’s contribution to the Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (SAICM). The overall objective of this policy framework, initiated by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), is that by 2020, chemicals are produced and used in ways that minimize significant adverse impacts on human health and the environment.
The Global Product Strategy is based on 5 essential pillars:
- Develop a base-set of hazard and exposure information to conduct safety assessments for chemicals in commerce.
- Undertake global GPS capacity building initiative to implement best risk assessment practices and management procedures, especially with small- and medium-size enterprises (SMEs) and in emerging and developing countries.
- Provide transparent access to science-based product safety information for the public and throughout the value chain.
- Promote a stakeholder dialogue on science- and risk-based chemicals management. Build the Long-Range Research Initiative (LRI), a global research program to identify and fill gaps in understanding of the hazards posed by some chemicals and to improve the methods available for risk assessment.
- The real strength of GPS lies in the broad commitment behind it: GPS is promoted and implemented by more than 150 top chemical companies and more than 40 associations globally, and the number of supporters is continuously growing. With each new signatory, the GPS success story gains additional momentum to shape the future image of the global chemical industry – an industry that is a trusted and reliable partner in a world where chemicals are valued and managed safely and responsibly throughout their life-cycle.
For further information on GPS, please visit the website of the International Council of Chemical Associations.
GPS Chemicals Portal
The ICCA has established the GPS Chemicals Portal to provide the public with easy access to science-based, reliable information on chemicals. The GPS Safety Summaries contained on the Portal provide the most relevant product safety information from companies on the chemical products they manufacture in a language that non-specialists will find easy to understand. .
GPS Safety Summaries for EuroChem products are accessible via the inks below as well as via the GPS Portal.
- AB Lifosa EuroChem Orthophosphoric acid
- AB Lifosa EuroChem Sulfuric acid
- EuroChem-BMU Orthophosphoric acid
- EuroChem-BMU Sulfuric acid
- NAK Azot EuroChem Ammonia
- NAK Azot EuroChem Nitric Acid
- Nevinnomysskiy Azot EuroChem Acetic acid
- Nevinnomysskiy Azot EuroChem Ammonia
- Nevinnomysskiy Azot EuroChem Ammoniun nitrate
- Nevinnomysskiy Azot EuroChem Butan-1-ol
- Nevinnomysskiy Azot EuroChem Nitric Acid
- Phosphorit EuroChem Nitric Acid
- Phosphorit EuroChem Orthophosphoric Acid
- Phosphorit EuroChem Sulfuric acid