We are one of the world’s largest mineral fertilizer producers and rank among the top three European and top ten global industry leaders.
EuroChem is unique within the fertilizer sector. Already a major player, it stands out both as a privately-held business and as a company with exceptional strategic vision and significant expansion plans. No other company of this scale in the sector boasts a comparable potential for purely organic growth.
We are one of the world’s largest mineral fertilizer producers and rank among the top three European and top ten global industry leaders. Building on our competitive strengths, our objective is to become a top five global producer by both nutrient capacity and profitability.
Sustainable competitive strengths and advantages
- Cost-efficient production and access to low-cost raw material feedstock
- Vertical integration providing raw material price stability with added benefit of iron ore as a co-product of phosphate rock mining
- Significant market share across key markets, including leading positions in European and CIS markets.
- Developed transportation and distribution network
- Global footprint with balanced exposure to developed and emerging markets
- Broad value-added product offering
- Unique products in certain geographies
- Prudent financial policy
- Dynamic, experienced management team
- International corporate governance model
- EuroChem’s planned investment in Nitrogen, Phosphates and – mainly – Potash capacity should take its market share from around 2% of global nutrient capacity today to 3% in 2020.
- Future global cost leadership in potash supported by the unique features of EuroChem’s VolgaKaliy and Usolskiy greenfield potash projects in Russia.
- Targeted M&A approach to broaden EuroChem’s raw material resource base and expand both our value-added production and distribution platform.
EuroChem’s vertically integrated business model allows us to create value at every step of the production chain. Together with our access to lower-cost raw materials, and our investments in both production capacity and efficiency, our model underpins our global competitiveness and ensures the sustainability of our business. EuroChem’s vertical integration is enhanced by its distribution network, rail depots, port facilities and vessels, which are either owned or operated on long-term leases.