EuroChem’s sustainability programme showcased at an international CSR seminar
London – 19 April, 2013. A high profile international seminar titled ‘СSR & Sustainability in extractive and energy industries: UK global expertise’, lasting four days finished in London today, having highlighted EuroChem’s sustainability record as one of the finest in Europe.
EuroChem was featured in a best practice case study presented by Dr. Michael Groves, founder and Managing Director of Great Circle, a sustainability strategy, reporting and communication think-tank. The focus of the presentation was EuroChem’s engagement with its key stakeholders and in particular its achievements in forming community partnerships and investments in education and sports.
Dr. Michael Groves said: “Planning a sustainability strategy that encompasses economic performance, environmental management and social responsibility, requires constant focus on international best practices. In my view EuroChem represents a strong case study of what can be achieved in sustainable development if a company is committed to its corporate responsibilities at all levels and a progressive approach is applied.
“In my presentation I concentrated on the educational programmes supported by Eurochem, in particular the collaboration with seven universities in Russia as well as promoting science education in schools and upskilling of science teachers. I also looked into the company’s achievements in promoting sports in the local communities, including developing modern sports facilities, especially for ice hockey.”
Vladimir Torin, Head of Corporate Communications of EuroChem, commented: “We are pleased that EuroChem’s sustainability programme has been endorsed by a leading international consultancy. Caring for the environment, our local communities and our employees is at the heart of our business as EuroChem strives to ensure its long-term, sustainable development. Our ability to maintain a meaningful dialogue with the company’s stakeholders so that their expectations are met is beneficial for our business, and will have a positive effect on EuroChem’s valuation in the long-term.”
Over the past twelve months EuroChem’s sustainability programme has received the following awards and commendations:
- EuroChem was named Russia’s 2012 Corporate Charity Leader in the ‘Best Programme promoting Corporate Charity Policy and Social Investment Concepts’ category by the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RUIE), which praised the company’s ‘Incubator of professional competencies: career lift for regional youth’ programme.
- RUIE has awarded EuroChem the ‘Russia’s Best Companies: For Development of Non-Financial Reporting in the Chemical Industry’ award. The award, given for the company’s corporate sustainability report, which highlighted the transparency and quality of the company’s dialogue with stakeholders, was presented by RUIE President Alexander Shokhin.>
- EuroChem was in the top three in the ‘Best Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Development’ category at the XV Annual Report Competition organised by the Moscow Stock Exchange.
- EuroChem hockey and personnel programmes won the National Programme for “Best Social Project Russia-2012”.
- EuroChem’s corporate newspaper was awarded ‘Best Corporate Medium’ by the Association of Corporate Communications and Media Directors of Russia in the corporate newspapers section.
EuroChem’s 2012 Sustainability Report has just been published and is now available at the Company’s website www.eurochem.ru